- Am I qualified to study abroad?
- What are the academic calendars in different countries?
- What is the cost of the study abroad program?
- How do I apply to study abroad?
- What schools abroad can I attend through Payap’s study abroad program?
Q: Am I qualified to study abroad?
A: You must be a full-time student at Payap and have completed at least one year of studies at Payap by the time you go abroad on this program. Your cumulative GPA must be 2.5 or higher. You must prove that you can study in English if that is the language of instruction in the country you intend to study. For most American schools, you will need a 500 or higher on the TOEFL exam.* www.ets.org TOEFL testing schedule in Thailand
Some schools will also accept the ITP-TOEFL and/or the Payap English Exam score. For Deakin University in Australia you will need a cumulative band score on the IELTS of 7.0 or higher or receive a passing grade on the Deakin University English Language Institute (DUELI)’s English proficiency exam which can be administered at Payap for student applicants without a valid IELTS score.
The study abroad program is only for full-time degree-seeking undergraduate students.
* The following 2 programs do not require English fluency.
- Intensive English Program, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, USA (no TOEFL score required; all students will take a placement exam upon arrival)
- Academic English Program, St. Michael’s College, Burlington, Vermont, USA (Two levels are available and have different requirements: TOEFL score of 480 PBT / 157 CBT /55 iBT (Level I) or 520 PBT / 190 CBT / 68 iBT (Level II)
** Schools in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Indonesia and the Philippines may make exceptions IF you can prove advanced fluency in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indonesia, or Tagalog; students with these qualifications must inquire at the Study Abroad office for eligibility.
Q: What are the academic calendars in different countries?
|Australia:||March – June (1st trimester)
July – October (2nd trimester)
November-February (3rd trimester)
|USA & Hong Kong:||August – December (Fall term)
January – May (Spring term)
|Indonesia:||February – June|
|Japan:||April – July
October – February
|Korea:||March – July
August – February
|Philippines:||June – October (1st semester)
October – March (2nd semester)
|Taiwan:||August – January (1st semester)
February – June (2nd semester)
|Gambia:||August – December (Fall term)
January – May (Spring term)
Q: What is the cost of the study abroad program?
Students selected to study abroad must pay tuition and fees at Payap University. Students do not pay tuition and fees at their school abroad, but usually must pay the following:
- Health insurance
- Books and supplies
- Round trip airfare
- Personal travel
- Room and board, IF not provided by school
- Passport application fee
- Visa and visa application fees
- Medical expenses for pre-existing conditions
Students should budget to take 100,000 – 200,000 baht with them overseas for each term (depending on school and location).
Q: How do I apply to study abroad?
- Download Study Abroad application PDF and fill it out completely in English or Thai.
- Return the application form to Aj. Malee Kongwannit at the Pentecost Building, Room 114 for review.
- The office will contact you for an interview with the selection committee.
- Go to your interview prepared to discuss why you want to study abroad.
- Students who pass the interview will be assisted in completing the final paperwork required for acceptance to their preferred school abroad.
- Upon formal acceptance by the exchange school abroad, official acceptance and visa documents will be sent to Payap and then forwarded on to students to use in applying for the necessary student visa.
- Process your paperwork and pay the Study Abroad fees at Payap before departing for your exchange school abroad.
- Upon return, complete a Study Abroad evaluation form with Aj. Malee at PC.114 and get involved in activities to encourage other Payap students to study abroad and learn about the world.
Q: What schools abroad can I attend through Payap’s study abroad program?
A: Please see the Study Abroad Partners page.