Staff Visa Information

Staff Visa Information

Immigration Services For Employees Of Payap University

Payap University will help foreign employees obtain a work permit. Requirements include a completed work permit application, a full set of official transcripts for all degrees and study after high school, letters of reference, a personal history, a medical exam, and a dozen or more pictures of you, both two inch size and one inch size. If you are accompanied by your spouse and children who will not be able to apply for a work permit, be sure to bring an original or notarized copy of your marriage certificate to enable your spouse to remain in Thailand on your work permit. Bring the original or notarized copy of all of your children’s birth certificates.
*New Information* The Immigration office will NOT accept notarized copies which are older than 6 months (for marriage & birth certificates).

Form Downloads

Visa Form downloads are updated on the student visa page here:

All international employees of Payap must arrive in Thailand on a non-immigrant visa. If you enter Thailand on a “visitor” (tourist) visa, you will have to leave the country, apply for a non-immigrant visa in another country (Malaysia and Laos are popular destinations) and then re-enter Thailand with a non-immigrant visa. The Payap University Division of International Affairs will provide each new staff member with the required paperwork and obtain extensions on your visa until the work permit is processed. The Office of Internalization will be your primary point-of-contact for visa and work permit issues. Within OI, Mr. Amarin Puntumin is the visa specialist who will assist all foreign staff (Patomgarn Building – 2nd Floor).

Review this check-list before contacting the OI with passport or visa questions. Keeping your passport and visa documents safe and updated is very important. We strongly recommend that you:

  • Keep track of the time limit specified on your visa; ask if you are not sure.
  • Visit Khun Amarin with your passport at least two weeks before your visa expires.
  • Carry a photocopy of your passport in your wallet in case of emergency, and keep the original some place safe.

All international staff are required to have a work permit to work at Payap. The OI will need to make a copy of your passport, three 1.5-inch photographs, a form with your signature, and a 10 baht duty stamp. The OI will provide you with the necessary forms and coordinate your application. You must respond to any requests for information and paperwork from the OI promptly or you may be in violation of the law.

To get your visa extended, K. Amarin (OI) needs a copy of your passport, two forms with your signature, one two-inch passport photograph, a letter of accreditation from the Thailand Ministry of Education, and a 1,900 baht fee. The Letter of Accreditation is applied for as soon as you arrive and the 1,900 baht fee is paid by the university for people actively employed in its service. Note: If you have dependents or a spouse who also extend their visas through your visa, Payap cannot pay their extension fees. K. Amarin will tell you when you need to go to Immigration and if you need to do anything special for your case.

TM30 “Receipt of Notification”

Staff applying for visa extensions, new visas and 90 day reporting MUST have an original “TM30 Receipt of Notification” with their passport.

The Receipt of Notification is from the TM30 form that is submitted by your landlord or place of residence.
If you do not have this receipt of notification please contact the owner of your house/residence as it is their responsibility to notify the immigration office of the “residence where alien has stayed”.

We strongly encourage you to get this BEFORE your next trip to immigration as any delay with visa extensions and 90 day reporting may result in a fine. Form more details of what this looks like – click here:

90 Day Reporting

Report to Immigration every 90 days (beginning the 90th day after you have arrived in Thailand) and fill out the “form for alien to notify of staying longer than 90 days.” This is at the immigration office at the Promenada shopping mall (Ground floor building A) and there is no charge. If you fail to do this, you can be fined severely (2,000 baht minimum) or incarcerated.

If you plan to leave the country and then return after being in Thailand for 90 days or longer, you will need to get a re-entry permit. The re-entry visa request paperwork must be completed prior to your departure. For the re-entry permit, see Khun Amarin for advice and then apply directly at Immigration. You will need several copies of your passport, one two-inch passport photograph, and the re-entry fee. If you do not apply for a re-entry permit before you leave Thailand, and then you return, your previous non-immigration visa will become void and you will then have to leave Thailand again in order to re-apply for a non-immigrant visa so that you can return to work at Payap again.

All foreign staff are here at the courtesy of the Thai government. The foreign staff of Payap University are fortunate to have an expert staff person assigned specifically to assists with the myriad issues and procedures related to work permit and visa procedures.

The University is not responsible for keeping each member of staff or student legal regarding their visa situation. It is the responsibility of each person holding a passport for a country other than Thailand to be in touch with the OI and to keep track of the dates when visas, visa extensions, work permits, and passports expire.

Last minute emergencies are expensive for everyone and can usually be avoided. You will find working with Khun Amarin and the OI staff very pleasant and efficient, particularly if you have ever tried to complete the required paperwork by yourself. Do your part to help.

Thank you

Visa Overstay Information

Updated: 27 November 2015
Announcement from the Immigration Bureau that the Minister of the Interior issued a new order regarding classes of aliens ineligible for admission to the kingdom of Thailand. The new order will be enforced on 20 March 2016.

Below is the detail of the new order publicized by the Immigration Bureau with regard to overstayed aliens.
1.    Alien Surrendered to Authorities:

1.1    An alien who overstays more than 90 days (after visa expires) will be banned from re-entering the country for 1 year, starting from the departure date.
1.2    An alien who overstays more than 1 year (after visa expires) will be banned from re-entering the country for 3 years, starting from the departure date.
1.3    An alien who overstays more than 3 years (after visa expires) will be banned from re-entering the country for 5 years, starting from the departure date.
1.4    An alien who overstays more than 5 years (after visa expires) will be banned from re-entering the country for 10 years, starting from the departure date.

2.    Alien Being Arrested and Prosecuted:

2.1    An alien who is caught overstaying less than 1 year (after visa expires) will be banned from re-entering the country for 5 years, starting from the departure date.
2.2    An alien who is caught overstaying more than 1 year (after visa expires) will be banned from re-entering the country for 10 years, starting from the departure date.

3.    This rule does not apply to:

3.1    An alien who departs the country before the age of 18.
3.2    An alien who departs the country before this rule was enforced.