Instructors needed for the International College!
The Payap University International College (IC) is seeking to hire qualified, English-speaking instructors for the upcoming term. All nationalities are welcome, but proficiency in the English language is a must as instructors will be responsible for courses taught in the all-English IC programs. Minimum requirement is a Master’s Degree in the field of instruction (undergraduate programs only). A Doctorate Degree is preferred (required for graduate programs). Other requirements can be discussed at the time of interview. The following are programs requiring instructors:
Information Technology (IT) Department
Job Opportunities – Full-time Instructor
The Payap University International College Department of Information Technology (IT) Mae Khao campus in
Chiang Mai is seeking candidates for a full-time instructor position in IT.
The successful applicant must fluent in communicating in English and hold a PhD in Information
Technology, Computer Science or some other related discipline. Candidates holding a Master’s degree in these disciplines will be considered but PhD is preferred. Individuals with prior IT industry work experience and possession of industry recognized certifications will receive maximum consideration. In accordance with Thai Ministry of Education regulations, candidates must have scholarly work published within the last five (5) years in an approved peer-reviewed publication. The candidate must demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching at the University level.
- Teach “IT Professional Courses”
- Conduct research and publish in peer-reviewed conferences and journals
- Develop course materials
- Contribute to curriculum development
- Participate in department and University activities/events
- Perform other academic and miscellaneous administrative duties
For consideration, please submit your resume or CV and a completed application to:
Dr. Derrick L. Anderson
IT Department Head
Screening will begin immediately upon receipt of a completed employment package. Inquiries will be accepted until the position is filled, although special consideration will be given to applications received by 31 May 2017.
Hospitality Industry Management Department
The Payap University International College invites qualified candidates to apply for teaching positions in its HIM undergraduate degree program.
Job Description: Lecturer of Hospitality Industry Management
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lecturer is responsible for lecturing in specific designated fields with a teaching load of a minimum three and maximum of four courses a semester
- Conducts research, social services, cultural preservation and participates on activities arranged by the International College and or PYU.
- Disciplines and oversees department’s students to comply with regulations of the University and ethical conduct.
- Participates and assists the department head to manage curriculums (TQF2) of the department and ensure that the quality of all courses (TQF3,5) are controlled and assessed according to standard of the Office of Higher Education Commission.
- Supports and assists the department head to create annual activity plan with aim to build HIM, foster student development, develop professional skills, and facilitate intercultural awareness among students, staff, and faculty associated with international programs.
- Supports the management and assists in controlling the performance of the department (SAR) and students’ performance.
- Supports the implementation of the department strategic plan.
- Advises and coaches individual HIM students within the learning process and counseling them in personal, social, financial, and cross-cultural needs/issues.
- Lives as a good example to positively enhance the student, staff, and faculty attitudes and experiences of global awareness and internationalization.
- Assorted duties as assigned by the Head Department or Dean of International College or Vice President of Academic Affairs or the President.
- Degree Ph.D. in Hotel Management, Tourism Management, Hospitality Management, or related field.
- Experience : Have experience in teaching and Hospitality or tourism field
- Publication : Have publications or research published in any recognized journals or publications
Language proficiency: Have thigh English proficiency and be able to teach in English.
Department Head Hospitality Industry Management
MA TESOL program
Degree: Ph.D or Ed.D in TESOL, TEFL, Curriculum and Instruction, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or related field.
Experience: Have minimum of 5-years experience in teaching.
Publication: Have publications or research published in any recognized journals or publications.
Language proficiency: Have high English proficiency and be able to teach in English. Native English speaker preferred.
- Teach MA (TESOL) elective and core courses.
- Teach Certificate Programs in support of the TESOL Department (two times per year).
- Supervise student Thesis and Independent Study.
- Develop collaborative links with educational institutions abroad, as well as local schools and universities.
- Conduct research, academic work, and/or publish books.
- Contribute to curriculum development.
- Participate in departmental and university activities.
- Contribute by way of community service and miscellaneous administrative work.
Submit CV’s to: email@example.com
Full-time employment qualifies the instructor for various benefits, including vacation time, bonuses, medical, and work permit. Starting salary will be commensurate with education level and experience.
Part-time or volunteer positions do not guarantee visa or work permits for foreign nationals.