Linguistics Certificate Courses
The following is a list of the Certificate Courses offered by the Linguistics Department. Click on the links to view more details.
- Certificate in Multilingual Education (MLE)
- Certificate in Cultural Anthropology
- Certificate in Foundational Linguistics
- Certificate in Language and Culture Acquisition (LACA)
For information about EthnoArts courses at Payap University, please visit the Training Unit at the Linguistics Institute.
Applications should be submitted at least 5 weeks before a course start date, along with a copy of your passport.
Please email the Certificate Course application form to the Linguistics Department Program Coordinator at email@example.com. For finance information or any questions, please also contact the Linguistics Department Program Coordinator.
Certificate in Multilingual Education
- Participants completing the certificate in Multilingual Education (MLE) will participate effectively in MLE programs as advocates, program planners and trainers of other project staff.
- Communities around Asia will have:
- Well-designed MLE programs,
- Excited leaders and teachers, and
- Children who are able to learn successfully in both the home language and the national/regional language(s).
Certificate in Cultural Anthropology
Dates: January 8th – March 30th, 2018
The majority of cross-cultural problems encountered by people working overseas are not, as is often thought, the result of inadequate linguistic skills, but come about because of lack of training in, or an inability to use the tools and skills of cultural anthropology. This course is designed to introduce participants to these problems, and to acquaint the participants with techniques for overcoming them.
The goal of this course is to equip field workers with anthropological concepts, theories and methods which will help them understand and value cultures, and work successfully within them. After completing this course, participants will have:
- Been introduced to the major domains within cultural anthropology, including social, political, economic and religious organization,
- Been introduced to ethnographic field methods for collecting cultural data, and
- Completed projects in which they apply ethnographic field methods.
Certificate in Foundational Linguistics
Dates: Individual course start dates are listed below.
The Linguistics Department offers certificate courses in articulatory phonetics, phonology and grammar. These courses are designed to give participants the foundational tools in linguistic analysis. For participants wishing to enroll in the M.A. program in Linguistics at Payap University the courses meet the prerequisite requirement.
The fee for the Certificate in Foundational Linguistics is 2,500 THB per course which covers tuition and in-class materials.
Certificate in Language and Culture Acquisition
This course provides training in language learning principles and techniques, and cross-cultural communication. By the end of the course, each participant will be able to plan and carry out a program of independent language and culture learning using a variety of techniques with the assistance of a language resource person.